Dentist in Lake Forest, CA
Check our Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect during my first appointment?
During your first appointment at Baker Ranch Dental Spa & Implant Center, you will have:
-A full tour of our Dental office in Lake Forest, CA
-A consultation with Dr. Ramin Khoshsar, where you would voice any questions or concerns about your oral health
-A full set of x-rays (if you have any previous x-rays from another office, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org)
-Intra-oral images of your full mouth
-A comprehensive exam
Is it bad if you haven't been to the dentist in years?
Do I really need to floss?
Either waxed or unwaxed floss will do the job. Using floss picks or interdental brushes is another easy option
Are dental X-rays safe and needed?
Medical and dental experts study the use of X-rays and set limits for their safety. Our Lake Forest Dentist should take as few as possible.
Expect to get them during a first exam after not seeing a dentist for a while. This helps check tooth and gum health. If you have gum disease, our dentist may want pictures every 6 months. For regular check-ups, it’s about every 2 years, depending on your dentist’s plan.
Kids have more X-rays done than adults because their teeth are changing and because they get cavities more easily
How can I fix my teeth and smile?
Caps and crowns cover problem teeth by surrounding them in a material that looks like a real tooth. They use the root and inside of the tooth as a base to build on, then attach with special cement.
Veneers and bonding improve your smile by sticking a layer of smoother and whiter materials like porcelain or resin to the natural tooth.
Talk with our dentist about which fix is right for you
Do you take my insurance?
Can I make payments on my treatment?
I don't have dental insurance, can I still come to your office?
Why Do I Need To Visit My Local Dentist?
Visiting regularly our Dental Office in Lake Forest, CA will not only help keep your teeth and mouth healthy, but will also help keep the rest of your body healthy.
Dental Care is important because it:
- Helps prevent tooth decay
- Protects against periodontal (gum) disease, which can lead to tooth and bone loss
- Prevents bad breath – brushing, flossing, and seeing the dentist regularly will help reduce the amount of bacteria in your mouth that causes bad breath
- Gives you a more attractive smile and increases your self-confidence
- Helps keep teeth looking bright by preventing them from becoming stained by food, drinks, and tobacco
- Strengthens your teeth so that you can enjoy healthy, beautiful smiles for the rest of your life!
How Do I Find The Best Dentists Near Me?
Choosing a local dentist is important, and you may wish to consider several dentists before making your final decision. During your first visit, you should be able to determine whether the dentist is right for you.
During your appointment at the dentist’s office, consider the following:
- Is the appointment schedule convenient?
- Is the office easy to get to and close by?
- Does the office appear to be clean and orderly?
- Was your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a permanent file?
- Does the dentist explain techniques for good oral health?
- Is information about cost presented to you before treatment is scheduled?
- Is your dentist a member of the ADA (American Dental Association)? Dr. Ramin Khoshsar is! He is also a member of the Orange County Dental Society, the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and the Dental Implant Association. These programs help keep Dr. Khoshsar up-to-date with the latest in dental technology so he can provide his patients with the very best dental care.
How Often Should I Go To The Dentist?
What are some signs I should see a dentist?
- Your teeth are sensitive to hot or cold
- Your gums are puffy and/or they bleed when you brush or floss
- You have fillings, crowns, dental implants, dentures, etc.
- You don’t like the way your smile or teeth look
- You have persistent bad breath or bad taste in your mouth
- You are pregnant
- You have pain or swelling in your mouth, face or neck
- You have difficulty chewing or swallowing
- You have a family history of gum disease or tooth decay
- You have a medical condition such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, eating disorders or are HIV positive
- Your mouth is often dry
- You smoke or use other tobacco products
- You are undergoing medical treatment such as radiation, chemotherapy or hormone replacement therapy
- Your jaw sometimes pops or is painful when opening and closing, chewing or when you first wake up; you have an uneven bite
- You have a spot or sore that doesn’t look or feel right in your mouth and it isn’t going away
What's the best way to whiten my teeth?
Stores sell many whitening products, and you can get take-home gels and trays from your dentist, but neither is as strong as procedures done in our dental office in Lake Forest, CA
If you want to try an over-the-counter whitener, look for one with an ADA seal. Check with our Dental Office for advice before you buy, especially if you have dental work or dark stains. And don’t keep using them, or you could damage your teeth.